There are a few explanations as to why you may see a 404 error on flixel.com.
A 404 error will appear on flixel.com if you try to share a private cinemagraph. If your cinemagraph is set to private, only you will be able to view it while signed in to your account on flixel.com. You won't be able to use the embed code or share the URL.
If you want to embed your cinemagraph to a website or share the URL with others, change the privacy setting to shareable or public. Read Managing your Flixel Gallery to learn how to update your privacy settings and more.
Sharing on Facebook
If a 404 error appears when you share your cinemagraph to Facebook from your Flixel Gallery, try fixing the link on Facebook's Sharing Debugger. Enter the cinemagraph URL and select Debug. Scroll down to view the link preview under When and how we last scraped the URL. If the page cannot be found, keep clicking Scrape Again until it appears. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience this problem.
If a 404 error appears after requesting a username change, you may have to clear your browser cache and cookies. After you've cleared your cache and cookies, sign in on flixel.com with your new username.
Follow these steps to clear your browser cache and cookies on Safari:
- Open Safari
- Click on the Safari menu at the upper left corner of your screen
- Click Preferences
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Click Manage Website Data...
- Search for flixel.com
- Click Remove All
- Click Done
Follow these steps to clear your browser cache and cookies on Chrome:
- Open Chrome
- Click on the Chrome menu at the upper left corner of your screen
- Select Preferences
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the page
- Select Clear Browsing Data under Privacy and Security
- Check Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data
- Choose to clear items from the beginning of time
- Select Clear Browsing Data