- iOS device or digital camera capable of recording HD video
- Tripod to keep your video perfectly still
- Flixel Cinemagraph Pro for iOS or macOS
Always consider your composition and camera settings before recording footage for cinemagraphs. Learn the best filming tips for creating cinemagraphs using an iPhone or iPad in the tutorial below.
- Record footage for your cinemagraph in HD (1080p) or 4K. If you aren't sure whether or not your device supports 4K video recording, you can search for your model on this page to confirm.
- For a standard cinematic look, record your footage at 24 or 30 FPS. If you want to create a slow motion cinemagraph, record at 48 FPS or higher.
- Record footage for your cinemagraph on a tripod. Without that stability, there'd be a clear separation between the still and motion components in your cinemagraph.
- Frame your video in such a way that you can see a separation between moving subjects. For tips on isolating more complex types of motion, check out our tutorial on Advanced Masking.
- Record multiple takes